Hello everyone, I first would like to apologize for disappearing and like to tell you all that Les Mills Combat is going great. The first week as with most workout's is just a warm up. You are getting used to the moves, your are shocking your body by moving in ways it has never before or moving in ways that has been a long time since. For two of the workouts which are called Hiit (High Intensity Interval Training) they use weights. Not heavy because you are doing a lot of reps, but you still will need some weights. With that said a few weeks ago I got 15lbs dumbbells and they are perfect. For the Hiit Power you do a lot of shoulder presses, clean and jerks, and rows. With the added weight compared to the first week I feel I am getting so much more out of the Hiit Power workout.
Each week I feel that I am getting better and better. Getting in better shape because I feel great when I am playing soccer, feeling better with the moves and especially with the kicks, and I also feel that it is time to step up to the next level with punching, With each punch I throw I don't feel a resistance like I did the first two weeks, so with that said I believe that it is time to step it up and get weighted gloves. And I did, only to find the ones I bought came with two right gloves and not a right and left. I bought these this past sunday and today I tried to return them and get another pair. But of course this was not an easy process. First they were out of my size. I have small.medium size hands and they only had a large/extra large or an already opened box so no thank you. Then we tried ordering online but there was no option to choose a size. The next step was finding that another local store has them in stock. So we called this store and asked if they could deliver the gloves the store I originally bought them at. This other store then explained that it would take up to 2 weeks. With all of this nonsense I said please just put a S/M on hold and I will go get them later this week. What else can go wrong, I just keep visualizing the Seinfeld episode where Jerry reserves a rental car but they rented it out to someone else.
Besides this I can't complain. I am getting into great shape and I have found a new motivation that I haven't had for some time. Once this Les Mills Combat series over I have decided to join a gym and begin weight lifting again. This is something I have not done since college 3 years ago. It's great being in shape, but now I feel that it is time to tone up and get some shape back.
Till next time everyone and have a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment