I usually have some muscle definition, strong/defined legs, and have a pretty in-shape upper stomach. After I finished my workout on Saturday and I looked in the mirror, I surprised myself with my results thus far. I notice the biggest differences in my stomach and butt. My stomach is definitely in the best shape it has ever been and is very defined while my butt is very strong and has gotten bigger--but in a good way! I was even brave enough to snap a pic! (I hate 'selfies' but it seemed appropriate).
After Saturday, I started to think about motivation and how many people out there quit because they aren't SEEing results. When in retrospect, fitness should first and foremost be for health. If you are feeling energetic, feeling strong, don't easily get out of breath, eating healthy, and are in good health, then why give up? If you continue to work hard, eat right, and stay healthy, results will come in time.
We live in a time where we want everything right this instant. It is so unrealistic to think anything can happen in the snap of a finger. Working out would be work if it was easy. So today I present to you motivation. Some of my favorite quotes comes from author Ralph Waldo Emerson. This is one of my favorite quotes and it can relate to every aspect of life, especially getting in shape:
This next one is for you to remember to better yourself. Fitness should make you feel your best. Your body should be one of the most important things to you and you should always remember to respect and appreciate it. Let these words sink in and let them inspire you to make the most of your workouts and health.



No comments:
Post a Comment