I love my smartphone, as I feel many people do. I am all about downsizing and having a
smartphone help with this. It’s a GPS
system, a camera, a music player, and there are a vast amount of applications
that can be downloaded for everyone’s different tastes. I am actually going to backpedal from a
recent statement. I do still have an
iPod for when I am working out and driving around; there just is not enough
space on phones for all my music. But
with that said I am all about apps and finding apps that help motivate and
track people’s health patterns. Below are
2 fitness apps that I feel are fun and must have applications for people who
are either enthusiastic about exercise or who need a little motivation.
- Now if you got to know me at all you will quickly find out that I am a huge zombie fan and that when I heard about this app I almost lost it. I am what you can call a runner I enjoy the health benefits and somewhat find the peace of tightening up my laces and going out for a few miles. This app is geared towards those who run. Every time you step outside for a run this app uses the GPS functionality of your phone to give you a mission. As you are going about you jog it will give you objectives like turn left or you need to sprint away from a pack of zombies. This is great because it adds a fun factor your run and it is also an interval work out which is great for increasing your cardio endurance. I am definitely going to try this app out and I will get back to you about what I think.
- Zombies Run 2 is available on both App store and Google Play for $3.99 full version and $1.99 for 5k trainer.
- GymPact
- Now this next app is very interesting to me.GymPact is an application that helps motivate and keep accountable those who choose to use it. This app allows you to set an agreement when you will work out and what your stake is. So for instance I can agree to work out 3 days a week with a $2.00 dollar commitment. Now if I miss any of those three days I get charged the $2.00 but if I make your pact you get rewarded a percentage of my stake. Now this is what I had trouble understanding but after some more research I totally get it. Your reward comes from those who failed to meet their agreement. GymPact allows you to check in at a gym, run outside using RunKeeper, or workout from home. I’m not sure if GymPact can afford me as a user but for those who do have trouble staying committed to keep up with their exercises this app is perfect for you.
- GymPact is available on both the App Store and Google Play for FREE
Have
a good one everybody
Bogo
out
No comments:
Post a Comment