This past Monday was the first day that we started this program and all I can say is I have never felt so uncoordinated in my life. This day's workout was primarily punches and kicks. And here comes my first excuse. In the past we would cart out a TV and DVD player into an open area that we have at our church. This year I had a great idea of trying to use my laptop (which is quite large to be honest), which would make set up and break down so much easier. Well it did not work like I was hoping that it would. Despite the size it was hard to see and follow the moves that they were having us do. You would be in the middle of what you thought was right only to look up and see that they are doing something else. So with a mix of learning the moves and not being able to see what Dan and Rachel were doing left us throwing our limbs around all willy-nilly. But it was a great workout and really got you to focus on your body, and I know by the end of this program we will all be better. So things to take away from yesterday's workout.
- Man I was out of shape after this holiday and winter lull
- I need to start stretching more because I could have sworn I tore a leg muscle trying to roundhouse kick the air
- At the end of this program I can enter an Octagon and demolish everyone
No comments:
Post a Comment